CLIL: An Introduction to Content and Language Integrated Learning for Secondary Teachers
This practical introductory course to the CLIL methodology is suitable for secondary level teachers who are required to teach their curriculum
subject through English, either partially or fully.
The course is also of benefit to English language teachers who work as part of a CLIL team to support secondary teachers in the design and delivery
of their lessons.
For teachers applying through the Erasmus Plus Scheme the OID number is E10133233.
The aim of this course is to help teachers:
- Identify the language demands of their curricular subjects.
- Adapt materials and design activities to support their students in their CLIL learning
- Plan and deliver CLIL lessons with confidence.
- Support colleagues in CLIL teams to implement a cross-curricular approach to content and language integrated learning.
Applicants to this course must have a minimum B1 level of English, as outlined in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Please contact us if you would like to confirm your level.
Online programme (Live online lessons + trainer-directed tasks)
20 hours over five weeks:
- 10 hours of live lessons (one 2-hour lesson per week)
- 10 hours of trainer-directed tasks (2 hours study per week)
Each week consists of:
- A 2-hour online lesson delivered by a Teacher Trainer from ATC Language Schools.
- Plus 2 hours of trainer-directed study. Participants will be provided with access to online resources which they can use to consolidate their learning and complete trainer-directed tasks.
- Weekly 15-minute one-to-one online meeting with the trainer for feedback on course tasks.
Timetable for live online lessons:
Wednesdays 15:00 - 17:00 GMT
|Start Date||Finish Date|
Course fee includes course materials and 1 virtual cultural excursion at an Irish attraction.
The online course requires a minimum of 4 participants to proceed with the course, and the maximum in any one group will be 15.
The face-to-face programme is held in our Dublin school, located in the heart of Dublin city centre.
Timetable for face-to-face course:
Monday to Friday 9:00 – 13:30 GMT
|Start Date||Finish Date|
Fees for face-to-face Course:
€295* Course Fee
€45 Registration and Administration Fee
- The course fee includes course materials and 1 optional cultural excursion. Visit our training calendar for excursion dates.
- The face-to-face course requires a minimum of 6 participants to proceed with the course, and the maximum in any one group in 2021 will be 10.
*Note on Face-to-Face Training for Summer 2021 Please note that if we are not in a position to deliver our face-to-face training courses due to government restrictions, we will offer the training online instead. The hours will remain the same but all content will be delivered live on Zoom. The course fees will remain the same but participants who have booked a face-to-face training course will receive a €100 transferable voucher for a face-to-face training course at a future date. Individual participants who have booked a face-to-face training course but are unable to travel, or unable to join the class upon arrival in Ireland, can be facilitated in a hybrid classroom where they can connect remotely with the in-class training group. Such participants who are unable to attend in person will receive a €100 transferable voucher for a face-to-face training course at a future date.
Click here to
access The Eaquals Framework for Language Teacher Training and Development. Our training courses have been designed around the Framework
to reflect the key professional competencies needed by language teachers.
Our 1 week Teacher Training & Development courses can be combined with another, or a General English Course, to form a 2 week programme. Please see our full calendar below.
Teacher Training and Development Programme - CALENDAR 2021
To proceed with a booking please fill in the form here ‘Course Booking Form’ and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please contact our Academic Director on email@example.com
Almost done! Here are some additional options which you may wish to add to your booking. After you have made your selections click the Book Now button.