Preparatory Cert ELT for Irish State-qualified Teachers (Online/ face-to-face)
The main aim of this course is to help teachers:
- Become confident in their own knowledge of English grammar.
- Understand the cognitive processes at work in learning a new language.
- Plan and deliver principled lessons for teaching English as foreign language.
- Select materials and design activities which are fun and motivating for students.
Online programme (Live online lessons + trainer-directed tasks)
30 hours over two weeks:
- 20 hours of live lessons
- 10 hours of trainer-directed tasks (1-hour of trainer-directed study per day)
Each week consists of:
- 10 hours of live online lessons (2 hours per day)
- 5 hours of trainer-directed study. Participants will be provided with access to resources which they can use to consolidate their learning and complete trainer-directed tasks.
- Weekly 15-minute one-to-one online meeting with the trainer for feedback on course tasks.
Timetable for live online lessons:
Monday – Friday 15:00 - 17:00 GMT
|Start Date||Finish Date|
Fees for Online Course:
The face-to-face programme is held in our Dublin school, located in the heart of Dublin city centre.
Timetable for face-to-face course:
Monday to Friday 9:00 – 13:30 GMT
|Start Date||Finish Date|
Fees for face-to-face Course:
€45 Registration and Administration Fee
The course fee includes course materials and 1 optional cultural excursion. Visit our training calendar for excursion dates.
*Note on Face-to-Face Training for Summer 2021 Please note that if we are not in a position to deliver our face-to-face training courses due to government restrictions, we will offer the training online instead. The hours will remain the same but all content will be delivered live on Zoom. The course fees will remain the same but participants who have booked a face-to-face training course will receive a €100 transferable voucher for a face-to-face training course at a future date. Individual participants who have booked a face-to-face training course but are unable to travel, or unable to join the class upon arrival in Ireland, can be facilitated in a hybrid classroom where they can connect remotely with the in-class training group. Such participants who are unable to attend in person will receive a €100 transferable voucher for a face-to-face training course at a future date.
Download Brochure - ELT Online Course
For more information, please contact our Academic Director on email@example.com
Almost done! Here are some additional options which you may wish to add to your booking. After you have made your selections click the Book Now button.