ATC LANGUAGE SCHOOLS FACE-TO-FACE LESSONS
The ATC Team is delighted to welcome students back to our schools! We have worked hard to ensure that everyone has a safe and comfortable experience while attending face-to-face lessons in our Bray and Dublin schools. We are closely following HSA and HSE guidelines, including strict return to school protocols. This information is regularly updated and our COVID Response Team will ensure that the information and guidance we adhere to is correct and up to date.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have answered some Frequently Asked Questions below that will help to inform you before you arrive.
- You will see stickers on the floor to direct and maintain social distancing.
- Information posters will be on the walls to remind you to follow the hygiene and safety guidelines.
- A plastic screen has been installed at the reception’s desk.
- Automatic hand sanitisers installed in public areas.
- Sanitisation station at reception - remember to sanitise your hands when you come into the building.
- One-way system around the school. Follow the arrows on the floor to make sure that you are walking on the correct side when walking around the stairs.
- Staggered class times. Groups will start and finish lessons at different times.
- Water will be provided in the canteen, bring your bottle, no cups will be available.
- No tea/coffee facilities, microwaves or sandwich toasters are available at the moment
- Yes, you must wear a face mask or visor in classrooms during your class and in all common areas.
- Students must bring their own face mask every day and be responsible to use it correctly and keep it clean.
- If you forget your mask, we have masks available for you to buy at reception.
If you are self-isolating after travel, you should return to school after 14 days. If you have a medical condition and can provide a doctor’s note, or if you’re living in a locked-down county within Ireland you can continue your online lessons.
All other students should be attending face to face classes in the school. Please contact your Director of Studies if you have any questions.
- Classrooms have been arranged to facilitate social distancing.
- Social distancing. The desks in your classroom will have a new layout, so you will stay between 1.5 and 2 metres distance head-to-head from your classmates.
- Reduced number of students. Your classroom will have between 6 and 9 students.
- Your teachers will be wearing a visor or a mask.
- You should always sanitise your hands before entering the classroom and we recommend that you bring your own hand sanitiser.
- At the moment the access to the canteen will be limited. Students can remain on the 4th floor (Dublin)/Canteen area (Bray) for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- Classes will have different break times to assist with social distancing in the public areas.
Student PCs are no longer available. These spaces are now used for additional seating.
- Cleaning will take place at regular times throughout the day.
- Focus will be on main contact points (door handles, taps, toilets, water machine, handrails etc.)
- Classrooms will be thoroughly cleaned at the end of class.
- We will not be offering an area for students to heat their food immediately on their return to school. Snacks and coffee machines will also not be available.
- Microwaves and kettles, cutlery and dishware have been removed.
- This policy is to facilitate fewer contact points for housekeeping and will be reviewed as students return full-time to the school.
- Seating has been rearranged with less seating available.
- Yes, the water machine will be available in all schools.
- We request all students to wipe down the machine after use.
- As a courtesy, each student can print a maximum of 5 copies per month for free.
- Email the pages that you would like to print to firstname.lastname@example.org. Formats accepted: pdf, word document or image).
- You can collect your copies on the 4th floor every Tuesday and Thursday during the break times. AM: 10.45- 11:45 | PM: 15:15 - 15:30.
- All adult students must take their level test online before arrival.
- Students arriving will be brought to the Computer Room in Bray and the 4th floor in SWS.
- Students will be given their induction and then brought to their classrooms.
- Our tour guides will meet students for their orientation and other tours outside school buildings and will be co-ordinated by ATC social programme staff on each occasion.
- We ask any student who develops Covid-19 symptoms to stay at home and not come to school.
- Contact a GP by phone, or ask the school to contact a local GP, for medical support
- If a student or staff member feels unwell, they will be asked to provide a list of who they have been in contact with for 15 minutes or more on that day.
- We also encourage employees and students to download the COVID contact tracing app on their phones.
- As part of our new visitor policy, all visitors will be required to provide contact details to allow us to make contact in case of a COVID outbreak. This will be kept at reception
- All visitors to ATC premises must be scheduled.
- Visits are by appointment only and appointments should last no longer than 45 minutes.
- All visitors are required to complete a Visitor Declaration Form at least 48 hours before their appointment.
- Walk in queries can be dealt with by Reception, however it’s important to maintain social distancing.
- If Reception is busy, walk-ins will be asked to wait outside.
- ATC Online should be the main way students contact with ATC Staff where possible.
- Students can also email staff to organise appointments
Students should not share any stationery or books.
- Library books or DVDs are not available for the moment.
- Access to the offices and director of studies’ offices will not be permitted.
Books will be available for purchase on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the break times (Level 4 in Dublin and at Reception in Bray). Important: Bring 35 euro in cash, we cannot give you change.